Tuesday, December 9, 2014

UT Graduation Card

Howdy -

Last week a friend asked me if I could make a card for her to give to a University of Texas College Graduate. Talk about pressure! LOL I decided to go for it and go over the top UT on it.

Using the Whimsy Digital Stamp  by Marika Collins - called Graduate Girl - 

Now I feel like I need to put some sad news in before I go on with the card - Whimsy Stamps will be closing down the Digital Stamps at the end of the year - understandable with all the new "laws" but still sad. So NOW is the time to head over and purchase some Whimsy Digital Stamps as they are all 50% off - even this one!

ok back to the card -


As you can see I really went with the UT embellishments - I found some free images and then sized them down to fit the card - The polka dot and zig zag papers are from my stash. I think they are actually old halloween pattern paper, but hey they matched well with this card! I sewed down the image. Colored with Copics and as you can probably guess the UT color is orange  -

Close up of the Graduate Girl -


Inside I stamped out the word Congratulations


Copic Colors used -



Well the card was given and they seemed to like it - that made me happy... I stress on such personal cards.. LOL

Hope you have a great day -
HUGS

No comments: